We will make the complicated simple and make sure that you have the cover you need. Here are some of the major benefits :
- Specialist referrals. You can ask your GP to refer you to an expert or specialist working privately to get a second opinion or specialist treatment.
- Get the scans you want. If the NHS delays a scan, or won’t let you have one, you can use your cover to pay for it.
- Reduce the waiting time. You can use your insurance to reduce the time you spend waiting for NHS treatment, if your wait time is more than six weeks.
- Choose your surgeon and hospital. You can (in theory) choose a surgeon and hospital to suit your time and place – which isn’t possible on the NHS.
- Get a private room. You can use it to get a private room, rather than staying in an open ward which might be mixed-sex.
- Specialist drugs and treatments might be available. Some specialist drugs and treatments aren’t available on the NHS because they’re too expensive or not approved by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence in England and Wales (NICE) or the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC).
- Physiotherapy. You get quicker access to physiotherapy sessions if you have insurance than you would through NHS treatment.